Our partner at NiCE IT has just announced a new version of their popular O365 Managament Pack for SCOM.
So what´s new in this release:
- Support for Network Load Balances (Was much more effort than expected!!)
- Support for Exchange server farms
- Exchange Online Database Monitoring using Free/Busy Resource Sharing Checks
- Many more internal improvements around usability and stability
- Specification have been improved
- Major parts of the code refactored for better maintainability
So what does the solution do today:
Increase Insight into Office 365
With the NiCE Active O365 Management Pack (MP) you have a tool that provides you with insight far beyond what the Office 365 Service Health Dashboard can display. Although Microsoft can display health information at the global or datacenter level, the NiCE Active O365 MP can also obtain and display detailed information about your Office 365 tenant based on active collected, real-time, real-user information.
Availability Monitoring through Probing
Do you receive calls from users complaining about mail issues even though Microsoft reports a healthy status for your region or datacenter? If this sounds familiar, read on. The only reliable way to ensure that business-critical functionality is working as expected is by performing active probing. With an intelligent and proactive approach to probing, NiCE Active O365 MP ensures that users of your tenant can always work in the way they want and you designed.
Challenges in Hybrid Environments
It is often tricky to pinpoint the root cause of problems that occur in complex, federated, hybrid environments. To provide reliable monitoring in these types of environment, you can use the strength of Microsoft System Center as a solution that is fully deployed on premise with monitoring agents running on both on premise and Cloud servers. The NiCE Active O365 MP utilizes monitoring probes in both environments and correlates the combined results in one single location to provide you with best-of-class, root-cause-analysis capabilities. The NiCE Active O365 MP is a tool that enables you to monitor all business critical functionalities in a hybrid deployment scenario, for example:
- calendar synchronization between on premise and Exchange online mailboxes
- mail flow between servers in different datacenters
- mailbox migrations
This was built in conjunction with Microsoft:
“We are excited to see companies like NiCE IT Management Solutions GmbH add value by integrating their Management Packs with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and Office 365,” said Mike Ammerlaan, Director, Microsoft Office 365 Ecosystem at Microsoft Corp. “The deep product integration with both Microsoft Office 365 and System Center allows system administrators to stay informed and resolve issues more efficiently in hybrid environments.”
To get an eval of the software watch the webinar to see this MP in action together with Savision Live Maps:
This session was presented by Christian Heitkamp (NiCE) and Justin Boerrigter (Savision). This webinar is in English and has a duration of approximately 60 minutes.
- During this webinar hosted by NiCE and Savision you will learn how to monitor your O365 subscription and display in Live Maps dashboards:
- Demo: How-to deploy NiCE MP for O365;
- Demo: How-to display as a Savision Live Maps Business Service
- Demo: Use Cases for specific scenarios
To view the on-demand webinar please register below