Savision recently held a webinar with TOPdesk on how to integrate SCOM with this leading ITSM vendor. This blog post details the technical steps on (1) how to create incidents in TOPdesk using Live Maps Service Level alerts and (2) how to display Service Health dashboard directly in your TOPdesk portal.
Savision Live Maps is the main dashboarding tool for SCOM users across the world. We help solve the alert storm problems many SCOM users find, correlating them to Business Critical outages to pro-actively raise Incidents TOPdesk Service Management.
If you follow this guide, these are the end results you will see in TOPdesk.
Step 1. Install Live Maps
If you don’t already have Live Maps installed here is a quick how-to guide and set up a service within SCOM with Live Maps. If you already have Live Maps installed, you can skip to Step 2.
- Install Live Maps Authoring Console
- Install the Live Maps Web Portal
- Using the Live Maps Authoring Console, you can run a Live Maps Out of the Box Service to give you a head start. Select the Discover Service wizard (You can create your own Service by using the Create Service wizard)
- Admire your Dashboards and service level alerts within the SCOM Console (install our DLL extension there) or use the Web Portal -> under Service Overview
See our Learning Center for more information
For more ideas on services that can be quickly created in Live Maps, click here
Step 2. How to set up Service Level Alerting
Live Maps will automatically create 3 perspectives for each service in the following areas:
- The End User experiences
- The Application Components
- The Infrastructure Components
To set up rules for Service Level alerting by follow this guide.
N.B. For TOPdesk, you will need the SMTP channel set up for all the Service Objects
Tip: Here is a great article by an independent consultant on how to fine tune your SLA tracking in SCOM with Live Maps.
Step 3. Set up the Mailbox feature in TOPdesk.
Log in using an account with administrator access.
- Open the TOPdesk menu in the top left corner and click Settings.
- Open Functional Settings > Mail Import.
- Open the mailbox that’s connected to the SCOM SMTP channel.
- Click the tab Call Settings to see the service level calls.
Step 4. Show service health directly in TOPdesk portal
Visualising the Live Maps Service and their current status is as easy as linking the live dashboard you wish to show in TOPdesk through the Web widget that is provided.
- Set up a SCOM Service Account for Single Sign on
- Add the Live Maps widget to your TOPdesk portal.
Now, all Red services will float to the top and allow TOPdesk users to immediately drill-down to see what are causing the issues and to escalate to the correct team for faster resolution.
To see this in action, visit the On-Demand webinar here.
Savision is working with TOPdesk to build a deeper integration using the API functionality to raise incidents and also to populate their CMDB. If you would like to know more then please contact Justin.email@example.com