Objective: Install the Live Maps V10 Authoring Console.
NOTE: From this point forward, Savision will no longer require you to upgrade software from a previous version if there hasn’t been a code change in the component.
For Example, The 10.0.1 version of the Authoring Console will work with any 10.2 version of Management Packs or Portal. Please note that the software listed below is the latest version.
If you attempt to upgrade to the same version, the software will tell you that the version is currently installed.
We hope to make your life easier,
The current release for Savision Live Maps V10.2 will include the following:
Savision Live Maps Portal – V10.2
Savision Live Maps Authoring Console – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps ServiceNow Integrations – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Service Manager 2012 Integration – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Service Manager 2016 Integration – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Device Notification Service – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps BMC Remedy Integration – V10.0.1
System requirements are:
- .Net 3.5
- .Net 4.5 or greater
- System Center Operations Manager Console already installed. Version 2012 R2, 2016 or 1801
Where to install
The Live Maps Authoring Console can be installed on any PC or Server that has an Operations Manager Console. It should be installed for a SCOM administrator to create dashboards. It is not needed on every PC. Because of the way Live Maps is licensed, you may install as many Authoring Consoles as needed.
1. The first step is to log onto the Live Maps Portal as a SCOM administrator. From the Portal, navigate to the Menu > Administration > Downloads.
2. From the list, find the “Live Maps Authoring Console x64 msi”. Click to download the MSI. Note: If you require an x86 installer, please contact email@example.com
This will download a file named “Savision.LiveMaps2012.Console.x64.msi.
3. Navigate to the folder where the MSI was downloaded. Right click on the file and select Install. If you receive the standard windows security warning, click on Run.
4. On the Welcome screen, click Next.
5. On the License Agreement, click on “I Agree”, then click Next.
6. Select the folder you wish to install the Authoring Console, then click Next.
7. Click Next to confirm the installation.
8. Once the Installation is complete, click on Close.
Accessing Live Maps Authoring Console
Live Maps Authoring console is now installed on the local Workstation/Server. To run the software, simply find the “Savision Live Maps Authoring Console” icon and run the the application. You must log onto the Live Maps Authoring Console as a SCOM administrator.
- Managment Server – Which Managment server you wish to target while running the Authoring Console. It is recommended to target the mgmt server with the lightest load on it. Dashboards are saved to MPs.
- Use Ingegrated Security – If you want to use the currently logged on user.
- Username\Password\Domain – This will be available when you uncheck “Use Integrated Security” Needed if you have raised credentials for creating dashboards.