Objective: Install the Live Maps Authoring Console V7 or V8
Note: This article was written with the release of V7.5.
- Operations Manager Console 2012, SP1, R2
- .Net 4.0
If you haven’t already, start the installation by either run theSetup.LiveMaps2012.exe from the CD/DVD/ISO or double click on the LiveMaps_V8xxxx.exe self-executable. Recommend running executable “As Administrator”
1. Click on Advanced Installation
2. Click on the Install Live Maps Authoring Console link
3. Click Next on the Welcome screen.
4. Click “I Agree” and then Next on the License Agreement.
5. Change the path if you wish, once you are happy with the install location, click Next.
6. Click Next to Confirm Installation.
7. Click on Close to complete the installer part of the installation.
Post Installer steps
8. Next step is to launch the Authoring Console. Depending on your OS will determine where the shortcut is located. It will be in a standard location for applications. Name of the application is “Savision Live Maps Authoring Console“.
9. Enter SCOM Management server if blank. Also authenticate to the SCOM Management server using either Integrated Security or raised credentials.
10. If this is the VERY first time Live Maps has been installed in your SCOM management group, then it will start to install the various Management Packs required for Live Maps to run. This process will take about 3-10 mins depending on how SCOM is running. After it is done importing in the Savision Live Maps Management Packs, you will be prompted for the License Key. Place the contents of the text file you were sent and click on OK.
Now you are done and are free to start building Dashboards.