Objective: Install the Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions.
NOTE: From this point forward, Savision will no longer require you to upgrade software from a previous version if there hasn’t been a code change in the component.
For Example, The 10.0.1 version of the Authoring Console will work with any 10.2 version of Management Packs or Portal. Please note that the software listed below is the latest version.
If you attempt to upgrade to the same version, the software will tell you that the version is currently installed.
We hope to make your life easier,
The current release for Savision Live Maps V10.2 will include the following:
Savision Live Maps Portal – V10.2
Savision Live Maps Authoring Console – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps ServiceNow Integrations – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Service Manager 2012 Integration – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Service Manager 2016 Integration – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps Device Notification Service – V10.0.1
Savision Live Maps BMC Remedy Integration – V10.0.1
- System Center Operations Manager Console for 2012 R2, 2016, or 1801
Where to Install
All workstations that will be running a SCOM console.
Before you begin, ensure that any SCOM consoles are closed down. That includes other users on the same Server. This will prevent a required reboot when you are finished.
1. The first step is to log onto the Live Maps Portal as a SCOM administrator. From the Portal, navigate to the Menu > Administration > Downloads.
2. From the List, find the “Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions x64 msi”. Click on it to download the MSI. Note: If you require an x86 installer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will download a file named “Savision.LiveMaps2012.OpsMgrExtensions.x64.msi.
3. Navigate to the folder where the MSI was downloaded. Right click on the file and select Install. If you receive the standard windows security warning, click on Run.
4. On the Welcome screen, click Next.
5. Confirm Installation by clicking Next.
6. Once the install is complete, click Close.
Accessing Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions
To see if the extensions are working, launch the SCOM console and navigate to the “All Services Dashboard”.
NOTE: You should see any services previously created in Live Maps. If you haven’t created any, then this will simply show the blue “Services Dashboard” bar at the top. If you are not licensed for Enterprise then you will see a license violation.
If this reveals a DLL error, then the extensions are not loaded.
NOTE: There is a known issue with the Live Maps Operations Manager Extensions that if uninstalled will prevent the Operations Manager Console from launching. If you need to uninstall the extensions for any reason please be prepared to run a repair of the console. This is known and will be fixed in an upcoming release.
If you have any problems, please contact email@example.com